Lower Cholesterol with Jiaogulan
Jiaogulan lowers total cholesterol and high blood pressure - the key components of heart disease.
Advanced Cholesterol is a blend of Jiaogulan (5:1 Concentrate) , Shan Zha, Guggul
Jiaogulan is a Chinese herb (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) which lowers cholesterol. It goes by many names, including Longevity Herb, Southern Ginseng and Miracle Grass. In Japan it is called Amachazuru. In fact, four of the 85 saponins (called Gypenosides) in this herb are identical to those of Ginseng, but about four times as concentrated. Others are converted into Ginseng saponins but other saponins are unique to this herb. Ginseng has about 25 saponins.
Jiaogulan Lowers Cholesterol
Jiaogulan combination in addition to many other properties listed below, is primarily used to lower cholesterol and balancing the good cholesterol. It also lowers high blood pressure. These are the key components of heart disease.
Jiaogulan is an adaptogenic herb (normalizes body functions) and an antioxidant. In the southern Chinese mountains where the herb grows it is preferred to Ginseng. Chinese scientists surveyed demographics all over China to determine longevity and cancer rates. Those areas with unusual longevity (many people over 100) and low cancer rates all had only one thing in common. They all drank Jiao gu lan tea on a regular basis.
Benefits of Jiaogulan
1. Cholesterol - Jiaogulan lowers total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and raises HDL cholesterol. More than 20 papers have been published on the subject with effectiveness reported as ranging from 67 to 93%. It also inhibits platelet aggregation which lessens the chance of a stroke or heart attack. See the Dangers of Trans Fatty Acids.
2. Antioxidant - This herb has been shown in tests to lower the amount of superoxide radical and hydrogen peroxide in certain white blood cells, an excellent indicator of antioxidant activity. Jiaogulan also has the remarkable property of increasing endogenous SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) in the body. SOD is one of the body's most important antioxidants and studies show that charting SOD levels in various animal species is a reliable indicator of their longevity. Trials in humans showed that SOD levels returned to youthful levels after taking 20 mg of Gypenosides (active principle) daily for one month.
3. Adaptogen - Jiaogulan modulates the nervous system. It calms an overexcited nervous system and stimulates a depressed one. 300 professional athletes were the subject of a study. All the athletes reported that taking this herb before competition made them vigorous and alert with quick reflexes. Yet, it also made them less nervous.
4. Insomnia - 112 cases of insomnia reported a sleep improvement of 89 to 95 percent.
5. Blood Pressure - 223 patients were divided into three groups. One group took Ginseng, the next took Jiaogulan and the last took the blood pressure medication, Indapamide. The effectiveness was rated at 46% for Ginseng, 82% for Jiaogulan and 93% for Indapamide. This herb modulates blood pressure, lowering it when it is too high and raising it when it is too low.
6. Cardiac function - Jiaogulan increases cardiac function. In a study combined with some other herbs heart stroke volume increased 37% and cardiac output increased by 21% on the average. Ejection fraction increased by 13%. Subjects had normal blood pressure which did not change although heart rate decreased by 10%.
7. White blood cells - Jiaogulan increases the production of white blood cells in white cell deficient patients such as those who have recently undergone chemotherapy or radiation treatments.
8. Immunostimulant - This herb modulates lymphocyte formation and increases lymphocyte activity. It was also found to greatly enhance the activity of NK (Natural Killer cells) in cancer patients.
9. Diabetes - A study of 46 patients with Diabetes Mellitus showed an improvement of 89% in their condition. Another study also showed satisfactory results.
10. Hepatitis B - 100 patients were given Jiao gu lan for 3 months. Effectiveness was rated at 89%. Another study of 200 patients yielded similar results. Other studies showed the ability to protect the liver from various toxic chemicals such as carbon tetrachloride.
11. Bronchitis - A study of 86 cases of chronic bronchitis had an effectiveness rate of 93%. Another study of 96 cases had a 92% effectiveness rate.
No toxic effects have been noted. It does not over stimulate like Ginseng.
Jiaogulan has been detected by scientific study to have at least eighty-two saponins. Saponins are the effective components of Jiaogulan and ginseng. These saponins are what accounts for Jiaogulan's regulatory effect on many bodily systems.
Don't hesitate, order now...
Other health-supporting effects of Jiaogulan are regulation of cholesterol (lipid metabolism), increased cardiac output, better oxygen utilization, faster recovery from exercise, lower blood pressure, etc. Some of these effects are due to the antioxidant action of Jiaogulan.*
* Jiaogulan, China's "Immortality" Herb, by Dr. Jialiu Liu, published 1999.
Advanced Cholesterol is scientifically formulated with herbs that have been safely used in Asia for many centuries. Shan Zha (Fructus Crataegi), also known as Chinese Hawthorn Fruit, has been used medicinally in China for 2500 years. Our Hawthorn fruit concentrate decreases total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. It has powerful antioxidant activity of phenolic proanthocyanidin and flavonoids. Advanced Cholesterol also contains Guggul, the cholesterol lowering herb from India.
Jiaogulan is harvested exclusively at the Fanjing Shan mountain range in Guizhou Province, China at an elevation of 4,000 feet. This pure herbal product is harvested ecologically and contains no adulterants or chemicals.
Ingredients: Jiao Gu Lan (5:1 Concentrate), Shan Zha (5:1 Concentrate), Guggul in a base of Quercetin and Resveratrol
FH-44-6 Advanced Cholesterol 650mg 90 Capsules $28.95
877-493-5987 U.S. Toll Free Order Line 9-6 Eastern
We have organized Femhealth products into the following categories: Adaptogens, Anti-Aging, Aromatherapy Blends, Brain Boosters, Chinese Formulas, Cleansing, Eucalyptus Oil, For Women, Green Food, Herbal Formulas, Natural Medicine, Liquid Extracts, Magnetic Jewelry, Minerals, Pain Relief, Sexual Health, Single Herbs, Skin Care, Sports Nutrition, Vitamins, and Weight Loss.
Research References for Jiaogulan:
1. Practical Applications of Modern Herbal Medicine 1990;7(1):42.
2. Hunan Medicine 1991;8(5):259.
3. la Cour B, et al. Traditional Chinese medicine in treatment of hyperlipidemia. Journal of Ethnopharmacology May 1996;46(2):125-9.
4. Study of Chinese Patent Medicine 1988;10(3):25.
5. Hunan Journal of Medicine and Herbology 1991;7(2):56.
6. Chinese Journal of Practical Internal Medicine 1993;13(12):725.
7. Hunan Journal of Chinese Medicine 1993;9(4):11.
8. Journal of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine 1991;11(12):713.
9. Modern Study of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. IV, 3519:3556.
10. New Chinese Medicine 1988;20(4):51.
11. Modern Pharmacology of Chinese Herbs, 1997, pp. 1227-1228.